EG acquires A-Data A/S
EG has acquired Danish IT company, A-Data A/S, software provider to the Danish healthcare sector.
With this acquisition, EG A/S strengthens its profile and position as a leading provider of highly specialized industry software to the primary healthcare sector, especially general practitioners and specialist clinics. The investment provides greater capacity in a sector with rising demand for innovative IT solutions in healthcare.
- We are pleased to welcome A-Data's highly specialized customers and employees to EG. A-Data has been well known to us for many years as a company with skilled colleagues in the industry, and together we will become an even stronger player with the best industry systems on the market for general practitioners and specialists in Denmark, says Mikkel Bardram, CEO of EG A/S, and continues:
- The demand for innovative IT solutions in healthcare from the public and the sector have become steadily greater, increasing the need for us to deliver well-functioning IT that supports the development of the local health sector.
We can do this together, and we will have the capacity to put our mark on the digital development of the practitioner sector. We have previously migrated platforms successfully in the industry and expect the same positive effect with an even stronger platform for our customers.
A-Data A/S develops and operates software for the health care industry. The company is behind, among other things, the medical records system WinPLC and TDjournal for dentists.
EG Healthcare is a leading supplier of industry-specific IT systems for the primary healthcare sector in Denmark and is responsible for the practitioner system, EG Clinea, used by more than 770 medical practitioners and specialist clinics.
EG Healthcare also offers the EG ClinicCare system, which is used by more than 1,000 chiropractor, psychologist, podiatrist and physiotherapist clinics.
The best of two worlds
- A-Data A/S and EG Healthcare are a fantastic match. With its in-depth industry knowledge, A-Data fits EG's DNA, and we gain even more competencies to develop the best software for the primary healthcare sector.
Combining the best of both worlds gives us more muscle - and a greater potential for both customers and employees, says Michael Frank Christensen, VP, EG Healthcare, who is looking forward to welcoming 50 new colleagues to EG Healthcare and uniting the collective expertise of its employees. Michael Frank Christensen adds:
- Overall, we want to be the most professional partner for the primary healthcare sector and, through dialogue with doctors and the rest of the industry, develop and support the digitization of the sector.
- EG is a safe choice as owner of A-Data and a choice made after careful consideration. Consolidation is on the way and together we have a very special potential to deliver innovative products and service of the highest quality.
I am confident that together we can continue to develop and deliver the best that meets the requirements of the health service. I am excited, says Jørgen Granborg, founder and CEO of A-Data A/S. The company will continue as before and as part of EG Healthcare.
Right away, customers will not notice a difference between the software solutions and the service provided currently. In the longer term, the integration means much better opportunities to integrate the existing systems.
- Development is a high priority and we will take the time needed to further develop and integrate the solutions so that we can offer our customers an altogether user-friendly, stable and competitive solution that fully matches the digital needs of the primary healthcare sector. We are under no time pressure.
The important thing for us is to provide the solution that creates most value for citizens in primary healthcare initiatives when merging the two popular medical systems, says Michael Frank Christensen.
EG acquired A-Data A/S on 1 July 2020. The parties of the sale have agreed not to disclose further details concerning the sale price and other terms of the transaction.
About EG A/S
EG is a Scandinavian software company with more than 1,300 employees working from 20 offices in Scandinavia and Poland. We develop, deliver and service our own software for more than 17,500 private and public customers. For more information, please visit EG's website.
About A-Data A/S
A-Data A/S develops software for the health service and member organizations. The primary product is medical record, administration and accounting systems for doctors, dentists, private hospitals and podiatrists. The company is behind the WinPLC medical records system. A-Data A/S was founded in 1990, has about 50 employees and has its headquarters in Rødovre.
For more information, please visit A-Data's website.
Contact for further information
Michael Frank Christensen, VP, EG Healthcare, EG A/S, tel. +45 3091 9409 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jørgen Granborg, CEO, A-Data A/S, tel. +45 2632 6040 email@example.com
Jesper Andersen, EVP, EG Private, tel. +45 2085 9643 / firstname.lastname@example.org