EG acquires Holte
EG has acquired the software company Holte, the Norwegian market leader within software to the construction industry. The acquisition is part of an ambitious EG-strategy to digitize the construction industry in Scandinavia.
- By combining EG's and Holte's product portfolio we can deliver the best solution to manage the complex processes and data flow within the construction industry, says Mikkel Bardram, CEO at EG and continues:
- I am impressed with Holte's deep knowledge of the construction industry and how they have digitized every step of the construction process. I look forward to welcoming Holte's employees to the EG family. Holte is the Norwegian market leader within software for the construction industry with solutions that assist construction companies to manage all steps of a construction process from project calculation to complete documentation and follow up. The company has 8,000 customers and 50,000 users in Norway. The acquisition is a great fit with EG's leading position in the construction business in Denmark.
- EG and Holte are both experts within the construction industry and offer a broad set of modules in an integrated software platform. We transform complex processes into simple intuitive solutions for our customers. By combining the strengths of EG and Holte we create a true Scandinavian champion within software solutions for the entire construction sector, says Jesper Andersen, EVP, EG Private.
EG strongly believes in the need for consolidation within software solutions for the construction industry and has already acquired the Danish construction software company CalWin in October 2019.
- We see EG as an ambitious strong owner who will invest in the continued development of Holte's solutions in an international market. There is a great potential for a comprehensive digitalization in the construction business, says Eilif Holte, founder of Holte. Aleksander Bjaaland, CEO in Holte, adds:
- EG and Holte are a perfect match and our already existing collaboration shows good cultural fit. We share the same focus on long-term customer relationships and high customer satisfaction. Aleksander Bjaaland will continue as CEO of Holte and Vice President of the combined Construction unit in EG.
EG acquired Holte on 17 March 2020. Seller and buyer have agreed not to disclose further details concerning the sales price and other terms of the transaction.
About EG A/S
EG is a Scandinavian software company with more than 1,300 employees working from more than 20 offices in Scandinavia and Poland. We develop, deliver and service our own software to 17,500 private and public clients.
Holte is a Norwegian leading supplier of software, services and courses within disciplines such as HSE, quality assurance, building permit applications, estimation, third party control, management, operation and maintenance (MOM) and project management.
Holte was established in 1987, has 135 employees and offices in Oslo, Trondheim, Tønsberg og Gdansk.
For more information on Holte, please visit: